What Is the Towing Capacity of a 2021 Ford F-150?
If you’re looking for an impressive pickup truck that can handle your job sites around Minneapolis with ease, you may have found your match with the new Ford F-150! Thanks to the 2021 F-150 towing capacity, there’s a never-ending supply of grit and muscle to any job done. When properly equipped, the new Ford F-150 can tow a jaw-dropping 14,000 pounds! Get all of the details about this to-rated pickup truck’s towing specs in this handy guide from the team at Morrie's Auto Group below.
2021 F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
When you’re exploring the St. Paul area for your next F-150, there are six engine options available, starting with the entry-level 3.3L Ti-VCT V6. See how your engine choice affects the F-150 towing capacity in our breakdown below:
3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- 290 hp / 265 lb-ft of torque
- 8,200-pound maximum towing capacity
2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 325 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 10,000-pound maximum towing capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- 400 hp / 410 lb-ft of torque
- 13,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.0L Power Stroke® V6 Diesel Engine
- 250 hp / 440 lb-ft of torque
- 12,100-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 400 hp / 500 lb-ft of torque
- 14,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6
- 430 hp / 570 lb-ft of torque
- 12,700-pound maximum towing capacity
Explore 2021 F-150 Towing Features
This powerful pickup truck has the grit needed to handle the heavy lifting when you’re towing along the Minnetonka roads, but there are lots of standard towing features to help you while you’re behind the wheel. Let’s take a look at how the F-150 inspired confidence with these advanced technology features:
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen –As you drive through Plymouth, the in-vehicle productivity screen provides up-to-date information on your truck and trailer, so you don’t have to worry if everything is operating smoothly.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) With Trailer Coverage – When you’re merging or changing lanes while towing, BLIS® provides extra assurance that your blind spots are all clear.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist With Line-of-Sight Guidance – Get the hitch to the trailer receiver on the first try!
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller – You’re always in control when you hit the brakes with a trailer in tow, making stop-and-go traffic easier to navigate.
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ – Synchronizes your truck and trailer when you’re reversing.
Handy Towing Tips Before Heading Out
Before heading out to haul equipment from Plymouth to Minnetonka, check out these helpful towing tips:
- Double-check to ensure that your truck and trailer’s tires are all properly inflated.
- Ensure the items you’re towing are fully secured.
- Leave extra distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you since you’ll need more time to stop with a trailer attached.
- Be extra aware of your surroundings when merging on the highway or changing lanes (remember to use BLIS® to your advantage!).
Your New F-150 Is at Morrie's Auto Group!
Are you ready to enjoy the power of the new F-150 towing capacity? Give us a call to arrange your test drive to experience everything the rugged 2021 Ford F-150 has to offer. Our finance professionals will discuss your finance and lease options to create a financial package that you’re happy about. Be sure to explore our vehicle specials before stopping by!
More From Morrie's Auto Group
Morrie's Auto Group has been one of the top dealerships in Wisconsin for all of your automotive needs. Whether you’re looking for new or used vehicles to enhance your Minneapolis drives or you need a routine oil change to ensure that your vehicle continues performing at its best, we have you covered. We’re proud to announce that…
If you’re looking for an impressive pickup truck that can handle your job sites around Minneapolis with ease, you may have found your match with the new Ford F-150! Thanks to the 2021 F-150 towing capacity, there’s a never-ending supply of grit and muscle to any job done. When properly equipped, the new Ford F-150…
At Morrie’s Auto Group, we are honored to continue serving our community during the Stay-At-Home order. We know that reliable transportation is more important than ever to ensure access to health care, family, food, and safety. As an essential service provider, please rest assured that we’re doing everything we can to protect our staff and…